Pomegranates have been consumed for centuries, yet their potent antioxidant and phytochemical compounds have only recently been studied and been shown to provide various health benefits. The fruit contains polyphenols including punicosides, ellagic acid and tannins. Out of these, punicosides are exclusive to pomegranate fruit–that is, they cannot be found in any other fruit. Punicosides offer higher antioxidant activity than ellagic acid. Research indicates that because of its unique antioxidants, pomegranate may support heart health by reducing LDL oxidation, increasing nitric oxide production, and providing overall protection from free radical damage to tissues. Numerous studies show diets high in fruits and vegetables (thus high in antioxidants, like pomegranate fruit) are correlated with reduced risk of cancer. A recent study (Clin Cancer Res, 2006) specifically showed a reduction in cancer markers on men with prostate cancer. Pomegranate juice was even shown to contain more antioxidants than red wine, blueberry juice, cranberry juice, orange juice and bottled green tea!
- Contains 200 mg of PomActiv Forte™, a trademark of Cyvex Nutrition, Inc., standardized to contain 40% punicosides and 60% ellagic acid
- Highest standardization of punicosides, a phytochemical unique to pomegranate fruit
- Punicosides have more antioxidant activity than ellagic acid alone
- All natural, organically grown pomegranates
- Promotes overall cellular wellness and potent antioxidant benefits
- Supports prostate and cardiovascular health
- Contains an ORAC value of approximately 3690 micromolTE/g
- One capsule contains the ellagic acid equivalent found in about 4 1/2 glasses of pomegranate juice!
- Not irradiated
- Does not contain any synthetic ellagic acid
- Suggested use: Take 1 or more capsules daily
Bottle Size: 75 cc, 120 cc
Count Size: 30, 60 ct
Description: Vegetarian capsule