Magnesium glycinate has been shown to have a variety of benefits, including the following:
- It has a calming effect on your brain due to the presence of glycine.
- It can help relieve anxiety and promote better sleep.
- It helps keep bones strong by maintaining healthy bone density.
- It helps control blood sugar in people with diabetes and may lower the risk of developing diabetes.
- It decreases abnormal heart rhythms.
- It reduces premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms.
Given its gentle yet beneficial effect on the body, magnesium glycinate can be used to treat a variety of conditions. According to a study published in the Journal of Pain and Relief, these include:
- chronic pain
- overall muscle flexibility
- quality of life in general
Certain conditions or risks improve with magnesium supplementation such as:
- fibromyalgia, according to a study published in Rheumatology InternationalTrusted Source
- chronic fatigue syndrome, as reported in a study in BMC Complementary and Alternative MedicineTrusted Source
- risk of stroke, heart failure, diabetes, and all-cause mortality, according to a study in BMC Medicine