Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle. The body’s need for glutamine increases significantly when stressed by exercise, illness, or trauma. It plays a major role in maintaining the structure and function of the intestinal tract, making glutamine powder a supportive supplement for those convalescing (i.e., surgery, radiation, chemotherapy). In addition to promoting intestinal health, glutamine supports immune system function and has protective effects on the liver. Glutamine is also a popular supplement among athletes because it can enhance performance and hasten recovery from intense athletic training.
- Provides a convenient means of obtaining an important amino acid.
- Supports numerous physiological functions in the body.
- Offered as a free flowing powder; blends easily in favorite beverages.
- Scoop provided for accurate serving size.
- Glucose derived from sugar beets goes through a fermentation, purification, and crystallization process to produce our glutamine.